Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
My SIL makes these and everyone loves them. They are quick and easy to make. I have also made them with peanut butter chips. My favorite is mixing the chips.
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips or 1 (6 ounce) package peanut butter chips
- Partially beat egg whites; add cream of tartar and salt. Beat fairly stiff.
- Add sugar gradually and continue beating until stiff.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Drop by small teaspoonfuls on heavy brown paper or parchment paper, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 325°F for 25 minutes. Remove from paper. They may be stored in an airtight container.
- Yield: 5 dozen.
These were very easy to make and very hard to stop eating! I didn't feel like spending the time forming many tiny ones, so I made larger ones (22 total). I put them pretty close together on the baking sheet and they all fit on one large sheet. After baking them for 25 minutes I turned off the oven and left them in there while the oven cooled. I served them with some freshly whipped cream on top . . . yum!