Recipe by MARIA MAC *
My SIL makes these and everyone loves them. They are quick and easy to make. I have also made them with peanut butter chips. My favorite is mixing the chips.
Top Review by Mom of picky eaters and vegetarians
These were very easy to make and very hard to stop eating! I didn't feel like spending the time forming many tiny ones, so I made larger ones (22 total). I put them pretty close together on the baking sheet and they all fit on one large sheet. After baking them for 25 minutes I turned off the oven and left them in there while the oven cooled. I served them with some freshly whipped cream on top . . . yum!
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips or 1 (6 ounce) package peanut butter chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Partially beat egg whites; add cream of tartar and salt. Beat fairly stiff.
- Add sugar gradually and continue beating until stiff.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Drop by small teaspoonfuls on heavy brown paper or parchment paper, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 325°F for 25 minutes. Remove from paper. They may be stored in an airtight container.
- Yield: 5 dozen.