Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The flavors of chocolate and butterscotch make these chewy brownies a hit. Recipe is from Taste of Home. Note: If you want more butterscotch flavor, throw in some butterscotch chips.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs, one at at time. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Spread into a greased 11-inch by 7-inch by 2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
These were yummy and oh so much easier than making cookies. Reminded me of chocolate chip cookie bars which are one of my favorites. Thanks for posting this Lainey! Made for Gimme 5 Tag.
Yummy! These were great! I made them for my daughter to take to school for her Halloween party. She was careful to take a vote and all the kids in her class voted them 5 stars! I got just a bite of hers and they tasted like the best thick, soft chocolate chipe cookies. I also thought they were an absolute breeze to make. Thanks, Lainey for a really easy, great tasting recipe.
Quick, easy, and tasty sums it up! The kids helped make them and loved eating them. I have to agree w/ Engrossed that they were more like chocolate chip bar cookies than blondies, but that didn't detract from our enjoyement of them. I left out the nuts due to allergies and baked them the full 30 minutes.