Recipe by Lainey6605
The flavors of chocolate and butterscotch make these chewy brownies a hit. Recipe is from Taste of Home. Note: If you want more butterscotch flavor, throw in some butterscotch chips.
Top Review by LARavenscroft
These were yummy and oh so much easier than making cookies. Reminded me of chocolate chip cookie bars which are one of my favorites. Thanks for posting this Lainey! Made for Gimme 5 Tag.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs, one at at time. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Spread into a greased 11-inch by 7-inch by 2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.