Recipe by SohoSue
Want to make something really good and really easy for your bazzaar or your childs classmates? Maybe a gift for someone with a sweet tooth? Try this recipe. These treats are actually a square but good enough to be called a candy. The secret ingredient is potatoe chips. I have made these as part of my holiday goodies for years now and everyone loves them but no one can guess what's in them. They are sweet and slightly salty at the same time and very easy to make. If you want to try something different. This is the one to try.
- 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In heavy saucepan, melt butterscotch chips with condensed milk and peanut butter.
- Over medium heat, cook and stir until well blended.
- Remove from heat and stir in potatoe chips and peanuts; mix well.
- Press into a foil lined 8 or 9 inch square pan.
- Turn out onto a cutting board, peel off foil and cut into squares.
- Makes about 2 pounds.
- MICROWAVE METHOD:.
- In 2 qt glass measure, combine condensed milk, butterscotch chips and peanut butter.
- Microwave on full power 4 minutes,stirring after 2 minutes.
- Proceed as above.