Recipe by Bergy
Everyone may not be able to find Frozen creamed chipped beef but if you can this is a very good recipe. It is from" meals.com". Have it as an appetizer or great at a tailgate party.
- 2 (11 ounce) packages creamed chipped beef, defrosted
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (mild, medium, or aged. I like aged)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or more)
- 1 lb Italian bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the bread long ways 3 times to within 1/4" of the base (be careful do not cut through the bread).
- Cut across the bread every 1 1/2" again only to within 1/4" of the bottom crust.
- The bread will look like a checkerboard.
- Mix together the defrosted chipped beef, 1 1/2 cups cheddar, water chestnuts, green onion.
- Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, pepper sauce, season with salt.
- Stuff all the cuts in the bread with the beef mixture, tuck it in well.
- Wrap the loaf tightly with aluminum foil leaving the top of the bread exposed.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese on top.
- Bake in preheated 400°F oven for approx 35 minutes or until the bread is browned and crispy.
- Unwrap loosely, serve and watch it disappear.