1/2 Photos of Chipped Beef on Toast
My mom made this when I was growing up. It's a very simple dish, filling and easy to make. It's good over toast, or for something more healthy, serve over steamed green beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut beef into ribbons or pieces.
- 2Melt butter in pan on medium heat.
- 3Mix in flour and pepper with a whisk or fork.
- 4SLOWLY add milk, mixing constantly.
- 5Bring to simmer and add beef.
- 6Simmer for five minutes.
- 7Serve over toast.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipped Beef on Toast
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.1
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 58.7 mg
- Sodium 556.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 9.3 g