Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My Dad cooked breakfast on weekends for the family. This was one of my favorite's.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (or margarine)
- 1 (5 ounce) jar dried beef, rinsed, patted dry, and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat toast
- In a 12 inch nonstick skillet, melt the butter over moderate heat. Add the beef and saute for 1 minute. Stir in the flour until the beef is well coated. Gradually stir in the milk, then the seasonings. Cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over the toast.
Excellent CJAY. I did frizzle the beef a bit more just to render more of the flavor. Served over some of my homemade toast. Made for your Football Pool win.