Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a dip served in a bread bowl with the scooped out bread cut into bite sized squares to dip with. Very easy and inviting to look at...
- 1 jar dried beef, sliced, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup mayonnaise, fat reduced ok
- 1 cup sour cream, fat reduced ok
- 1 teaspoon dill, do not add more....it will get very salty
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 teaspoons fresh onions, minced (amount to your taste)
- 1 loaf bread, unsliced (use your favorite bread)
- Slice the top of the bread off.
- Using a knife cut out the inside (being careful not to cut all the way through the bread). Cut the hollowed out bread and the cut off top into bite sized squares.
- Put in a sealed container.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together and put in the bread "bowl" on a platter.
- Arrange the bread squares around the bowl.
- I always buy extra bread for dipping.
- Don't forget to eat the bowl too.
- All of this can be made days ahead and the dip actually is BETTER after several days.
- Let me know how you liked it.
I have made this recipe and it is great but try putting dip inside the bowl and baking for 2 hours on 250 or until center is good and hot and bread bowl is starting to crisp. Excellent.
It was OK. I could use more dried beef and maybe some garlic in it. The dill was a little too much for me too.
Very easy and very tasty recipe. My dinner party guests were very complimentry of the presentation in the bread bowl as well.