Recipe by Shaye
I got this recipe from a friend who used to work at the deli of our local grocery. When they were bought out by a larger chain their cheese ball recipe changed. This is the only way I can get my favorite cheese ball now. The grocery called it "chipped beef" but it actually uses thinly sliced Buddig roast beef.
Top Review by SlipC
I have made this recipe several times, and it is truly the best cheeseball! I have only used walnuts, but am sure it would be great with pecans as well. Also, I have made it both with and without the Worchestershire sauce, and it tastes great either way. It is a bit saltier with the sauce, of course, but not overbearing, in my opinion. Thanks for posting, Shaye!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces Buddig beef, chopped into small pieces
- 1 1⁄2 chopped green onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- chopped pecans (optional) or chopped walnuts (optional) or dried parsley, to cover (optional)