Recipe by Lady Dancer
Another great overnight casserole, ready to to pop in the oven when you get home from work. Spend the extra time throwing together a salad or just relaxing from a hard day at work.
Top Review by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
10/7/07 - I have been making this for over 11 years. It is a childhood 1950's favorite of my husbands and an acquired taste for me. So now, over 10 years later, I actually kind of enjoy it! I often wondered who thought of throwing all these things together in a casserole. Makes me think it was "clean out the fridge" day. HA! I make a lower fat version using 97% FF soup, FF milk and full fat sharp cheddar and you wouldn't know the difference. UPDATE- 9/09, I made this 3 hours early, not overnight and it turned out great. If this is not chilled from the fridge, BAKE for only 45 mins. I also used 4oz. grated cheese. The picky kids even gobbled it up! Served with Recipe#332269.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 lb cheese
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni
- 1⁄4 lb chipped beef
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop beef and cover with boiling water.
- Let stand 5 min and drain.
- Mix together all ingredients EXCEPT Eggs.
- Add eggs and stir gently.
- Turn into 1 1/2 qt greased casserole dish.
- Cover and store in refrigerator overnight
- Bake uncovered at 350 for one hour.