Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
OK!!!! I have made this many times since posting it! This is a must make. A Texan BBQ sauce with chipotle chili's. Serve over everything you grill.
- 44 ounces ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 5 chipotle chilies, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter, or
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 12 ounces beer
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic, granular
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a pot and simmer till nice a thick about 1 hour. Can be made the day before.
- Pour into jars and store in the refrigerator.
Great sauce! Wonderful smoky flavor from the chipotles and a very interesting combination. One thing I loved was that used generously it had a nice tang from the chile, but used more sparingly it still had a great flavor so my GF not so much into spicy foods loved it as well.It really turned a plain grilled piece of steak into something special.
This sauce is the Bomb! Best I've ever made and happens to be my son's FAVORITE!! He's a super picky eater too. Better than store bought for sure. It is especially good when using it in Buffalo Chicken pizza on this site: http://www.food.com/recipe/buffalo-chicken-pizza-286131. I've made this pizza using store bought chipotle barbecue sauce and used the home made sauce and by FAR Rita's sauce exceeds on flavor by leaps and bounds. Thx Rita!