Recipe by CunSwim
These are Chiles that I love to make and later use in recipes like Tinga Poblano, Albondigas or just serve as a condiment on the side. My husband loves them with bread, refried beans, cheese. You can can these in small jars, they make wonderful gifts.
- 1 lb chipotle chile
- 2 liters vinegar
- 2 -3 big onions
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 4 tablespoons oregano
- 1⁄2 lb ancho chili
- 1⁄4 lb dried mulato chile
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- herbs, tied in a bunch Bayleaves Rosmary Tarragon
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 head garlic
- 1 piloncillo or 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash chipotles and remove seeds.
- In a jar layer chipotles, onion, carrots, garlic, the broken up piloncillo or brown sugar half of the oregano the fresh herbs and salt.
- Add boiling vineger to jar let jar sit for 4 days without covering
- Now proceed with adobo;
- De -vein anchos and mulatos then soak in boiling water until soft. Blend chiles in blender along with rest of oregano, garlic and cumin. Fry this adobo in alive oil
- Add salt and pepper to taste and then add all of the chipotles in vinegar and let it cook for about 5 to 10 minutes.