Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
These are Chiles that I love to make and later use in recipes like Tinga Poblano, Albondigas or just serve as a condiment on the side. My husband loves them with bread, refried beans, cheese. You can can these in small jars, they make wonderful gifts.
- Wash chipotles and remove seeds.
- In a jar layer chipotles, onion, carrots, garlic, the broken up piloncillo or brown sugar half of the oregano the fresh herbs and salt.
- Add boiling vineger to jar let jar sit for 4 days without covering
- Now proceed with adobo;
- De -vein anchos and mulatos then soak in boiling water until soft. Blend chiles in blender along with rest of oregano, garlic and cumin. Fry this adobo in alive oil
- Add salt and pepper to taste and then add all of the chipotles in vinegar and let it cook for about 5 to 10 minutes.