Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm told this is the guacamole from Chipotle's. I'm also told that Haas avocados are the key, but I really have no idea if that's a set in stone fact. I've never had Chipotle's guacamole, as there are none near me, but I have had this, and I sure do like it, no matter who came up with it.
- 1 large ripe Hass avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Mash up avocado with a fork.
- Add lime juice.
- Add all other ingredients and blend well.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Excellent! I love Chipolte's Guacamole. This taste just like it! Very, very healthy. I could eat it everyday. Really great recipe.
Prepared for My 3 Chefs 2008. Avocado lovers THIS is the guac for you. The other flavors only serve to compliment not overpower the avocados. I prepare guacamole frequently and would not recommend using an electric appliance of any type to mash the avocados. They tend to bruise and not have as bright of a color as fork mashed avocados do. An EXCELLENT guacamole that will be prepared here quite often.
Tried this for the first time last night. Came out AWESOME. The only thing different that I did was used a bit of garlic salt and added a bit of cayenne pepper. The pepper made it taste exactly like Chipotle's. I will make this again. I even served it with a Thai-Mexican dip.