- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro
- 2⁄3 cup white basmati rice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil or butter over low heat,.
- stirring occasionally until melted..
- Add rice and lime juice, stir for 1 minute.
- Add water and salt, bring to a full rolling boil.
- At boiling, cover, turn down to simmer over low heat until rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork.
- The source of this recipe is attributed to Chipolte's Executive Chef (and CEO), Steve Ellis.