Recipe by ZinaMae
Great recipe to go on or with any Mexican dish.
Top Review by Maven in the Making
Very easy and tasty recipe. Served with a Easy Crock Pot Chicken, Chickpea, and Apricot Tangine recipe #137530. I think this would be nice with so many things and uses simple things - not fussy but delicious.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup white basmati rice
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2-qt. heavy saucepan, heat oil or butter over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Add rice and lime juice, stir for one minute.
- Add water and salt, bring to a full rolling boil. At boiling, cover, turn down to a simmer over low heat until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork and stir in cilantro.