Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This fresh Tex-Mex dish is similar to something my husband tried at a Chevy's in AZ. We took the basic idea and made several of our own adaptations. He says he actually likes this better!
- 8 portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion, sliced
- olive oil, for sauteing
- 1⁄2 cup chipotle chile, dressing
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons sugar (to taste) or 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute (to taste)
- 8 large flour tortillas or 8 large corn tortillas
- For sauce:.
- Combine dressing, cream cheese, and garlic in medium saucepan.
- Keep heat low, stir continually, allowing cream cheese to soften and liquify.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Set aside with lid on to keep hot.
- For veggie filling:.
- Begin with asparagus, lightly saute for appx. 5 minutes.
- Add onion, saute 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, saute 2 minutes.
- Lightly steam tortillas, wrapped in a dish cloth in the microwave for about 45 secs.
- Pour warm sauce in a pie dish, just enough to cover the bottom.
- Dip a tortilla in sauce, getting both sides nice and gooey!
- Lay on a plate and spoon 1/8 of veggie mixture into center.
- Fold tortilla around filling.
- Repeat for 8 enchiladas.
- Spoon any leftover sauce over enchiladas and serve hot!