Spongebob Chefpants's Note:
This is taco salad calabasitas style!! I created this recipe for the Craze-E cooking contest #2, Summer 2009. Enjoy!!
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE CHIPOTLE SLAW
- 1301.24 ml freshly shredded green cabbage (about 1/2 a large cabbage)
- 118.29 ml green onion, chopped (about 6 onions)
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo (2 large ones out of a small can)
- 236.59 ml real mayonnaise
- 59.16 ml clover honey
- 29.58 ml fresh squeezed lime juice (about 1 small lime)
- 3.69 ml kosher salt (for the cabbage dressing)
FOR THE TURKEY CALABASITAS
- 44.37 ml canola oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped (2 cups chopped onion)
- 566.99 g ground turkey (85/15 lean to fat content)
- 946.36 ml fresh zucchini, cubed small (about 3 small zucchini)
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml kosher salt (for the turkey-calabasitas mix)
- 2.46 ml fresh cracked black pepper
TO ASSEMBLE SALAD
- 1Shred the cabbage in a food processor with the shredding blade. Place the cabbage with the chopped green onions into a large bowl.
- 2Rinse out the cabbage from the food processor and change to the regular chopping blade. Put the 2 chipotle peppers in and process until they form a smooth paste. Add to that the mayonnaise, honey, lime juice, and salt.
- 3Pour the chipotle dressing into the cabbage mix and toss to coat. Set aside in the fridge until ready to assemble salad.
- 4Heat the canola oil in a large Texas skillet. Add the yellow onions, turkey meat, and zucchini. Sprinkle the mix with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- 5Cook on medium heat, stirring often, until the turkey is no longer pink and the onions and zucchini have cooked down and gotten soft. (About 10 minutes).
- 6Remove the turkey from heat and keep warm to assemble the salad.
- 7Assemble the salad by placing some of the Frito chips around the edges of a plate and put some turkey mix in the middle of the chips, then some of the chipotle cabbage slaw, cheese, tomatoes, and avocado. Garnish with some optional cilantro if desired.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Turkey Taco Salad
Serving Size: 1 (3147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6459.9
- Calories from Fat 3947
- Total Fat 438.6 g
- Saturated Fat 138.9 g
- Cholesterol 985.7 mg
- Sodium 10172.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 413.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 50.0 g
- Sugars 125.4 g
- Protein 252.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo