Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Smoky, spicy and sweet all at the same time.
- 8 -10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs turkey breast halves, bone in and skin on
- 1⁄3 cup real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo (from a 7 oz can)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 -2 garlic clove, peeled
- Heat oven to 325ºF.
- Place 8 to 10 cloves of garlic under the skin of the turkey.
- Place turkey on a rack in a a shallow roasting pan.
- In a food processor or blender, add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Brush over turkey.
- Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is in thickest part of turkey and does not touch any bone.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours, brushing with mixture in bottom of pan occasionally, until thermometer reads 170ºF and juice is clear when pierced and meat is not longer pink.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Discard any remaining mixture in the bottom of the pan.