Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
The marinade is the best
- 2 tablespoons white pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 tablespoon pureed canned chipotle pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried ancho chile powder
- 1 fresh whole turkey breast
- Combine all ingredients and puree together in blender or food processor. Pour marinade into large resealable plastic bags. Prick turkey breast with a fork and add to the marinade bag. Work turkey around in bag to coat completely. Refrigerate, covered overnight or at least 4 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven 375 degrees. Place turkey on rack over roasting pan and bake for 15 minutes. Pour remaining marinade over turkey. Cover bottom of pan with water and cover.
- Lower heat to 325 degrees and continue to bake until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees. About 10 minutes per pound of meat.