Recipe by Pepper Monkey
I came up with this one using what I had on hand in my pantry. It turned out really great and I now make these at least once a week as a lunch or dinner. All portions are estimates.
- 1 (6 ounce) can solid white tuna
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup of chipotle chilli mayonnaise
- 1 stalk long celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small tomatoes or 2 slices thick tomatoes
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- hot sauce (I use texas pete hot sauce) (optional)
- jalapeno pepper, sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your broiler in your oven to 300 degrees Combine Tuna, Chipotle Mayo, Chopped onion, Chopped celery in a bowl and stir well.
- Add seasonings.
- Place Four slices of whole wheat bread on a cookie sheet and put a slice of cheese on top of each.
- Place under broiler long enough to melt the cheese.
- Just until its melted.
- Next pull the Bread out of the oven and place a tomato on two of the slices and spread tuna mixture on top.
- Top the Sandwhiches with the other slice of bread.
- Broil on both sides until the bread is toasted to desired level.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.