1/2 Photos of Chipotle Tomato Salsa
1 hr 30 mins
Savor your homegrown tomatoes all year, by making this smokey, garlic filled salsa. Do use the food processor to shred the veggies to cut chopping time down. If you have the time roast your garlic then add it to the salsa to double the pleasure! ;)
My Private Note
8 ounce ...
Units: US | Metric
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 170.09 g tomato paste
- 3 large red bell peppers, 4 cups shredded
- 3-4 onions, 4 cups shredded
- 170.09 g chipotle chiles in adobo (minced removing seeds is optional)
- 1 bunch fresh basil, 1/2 cup chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, 1/2 cup chopped
- 1 lemon, juice
- 177.44 ml vinegar
- 1 bulb of garlic, minced
- 14.79-29.58 ml salt, to taste
- 3785.44 ml diced tomatoes, stems and cores removed
- 1Place all in a large pot bringing to a boil then reduce and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2Fill into hot sterile jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace removing any air bubbles.
- 3Being careful not to leave any salsa on the rims.
- 4Wipe jar rims with a clean, damp paper towel. Put on lids and screw on metal bands.
- 5Process for 10 minutes in a hot water bath.
- 6Label and store in a dark place. Use with 1 year.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Tomato Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (4234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.9
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 340.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo