1/3 Photos of Chipotle Tomato Jam With a Hint of Basil
2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 40 mins
Top your next burger, meatloaf glaze ribs or chicken with this! Depending on how much water your tomatoes have will determine how long to cook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blanch tomatoes into boiling water for about 1 minute until the skins crack slightly. Peel, remove stem ends, and any tough parts while squeezing with hands to break up.
- 2Place in saucepan. Bring to a boil. Stirring often. Boil uncovered, about 30 minutes until liquid is reduced. If needed 10 minutes into cooking use an immersion hand blender to break up large pieces of tomato.
- 3Add lemon juice, sugar, vinegar, chipotles and salt. Stir as it returns to a boil. Boil about 1-2 hours, stirring often, until it thickens.
- 4Add basil last 5 minutes.
- 5Fill hot sterilized half pint jars to within 1/4 inch of top try to place 1 basil leaf in each jar.
- 6Wipe rims clean.
- 7Top with sterilized metal lids on jars and screw metal bands on securely. Process in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Tomato Jam With a Hint of Basil
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 49.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo