1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 40 mins
That is Dr House to you's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large tomatoes, wedged
- 2 onions, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, see note
- 1Note use 1 to 2 peppers or to taste.
- 2Press and Drain the tofu. For an even firmer texture, freeze, thaw then press and drain.
- 3Preheat oven to 450°F On a lightly oiled baking sheet place the onions and tomatoes. Sprinkle with the garlic and salt [to taste] Drizzle with 2 tbsp oil and toss.
- 4Roast for 30 minutes. Stir every 10. Tomatoes should be tender and the onion brown around edges. [note you can also simmer them on stove top however it changes the taste a bit].
- 5Toast the cumin seeds in unoiled pan until fragrant [1 minute] Grind.
- 6Place the Rosted veggies in food processor with cumin, cloves and 1 tbsp oil and puree to smooth. Add the peppers one at a time. Puree between each. Now do the tofu.
- 7Reduce oven to 375°F Slice each tofu cake horizontally into 3rds. Stack and cut into slices on diagonals [make an X] You should get 12 pieces each cake.
- 8Whisk the Braggs, oil and water. Arrange tofu on baking sheet and toss with soy sauce mix. Bake until crisp around edges about 45 to 60 minutes. NOTE IF YOU DID NOT PRESS THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN. Turn tofu gently at 15 minute intervals.
- 9Transfer sauce to pan and warm on medium heat, stir constantly, when hot add tofu. Toss and add salt to taste. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.8
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo
Braggs liquid aminos