1/1 Photo of Chipotle Tamale Pie
1 hr 5 mins
I watched Ingrid Hoffman make this on her debut on the Food Channel. I love chipotles and plan to make this very soon!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g lean ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 425.24 g can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 226.79 g can diced tomatoes
- 2 chipotle chiles, chopped plus
- 4.92 ml adobo sauce, from can chipotle in adobo
- 236.59 ml grated cheddar cheese
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 240.97 g package cornbread mix
- 1 egg
- 78.07 ml milk
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Grease an 8-inch baking dish with the butter and set it aside.
- 3Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the ground turkey, the onions, green peppers, and garlic and cook until the turkey is no longer pink and is cooked through, about 8 minutes. Drain off any excess fat and sprinkle the meat mixture with the cumin.
- 4Add the beans, tomatoes, chiles and adobo sauce to the skillet and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until heated through and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove pan from the heat and stir in the cheese and cilantro.
- 5Spread the turkey mixture in the prepared baking dish, pressing down on it with the back of a spoon to make an even, compact layer.
- 6Combine the cornbread mix with milk and egg and spread the cornbread batter over the turkey mixture and bake until the cornbread is golden-brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let the tamale pie stand for 5 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Tamale Pie
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.6
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 83.0 mg
- Sodium 386.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 23.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: