Recipe by Dib's
For those that like a hotter taco sauce, or those who open a can for 1 T. sauce-what do you do with the rest? I use this sauce from tacos and fajitas to a marinade for brisket, and a mop for steaks and burgers.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
I'm always looking for ways to use the rest of the can of chipotles. Quick and easy to make, I froze this in small plastic containers so that I can pull out what I need for Mexican meals. Rich, smoky flavor that puts commercial taco sauces to shame.
- 1 (11 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor add the chipotle peppers in adobo, vinegar, sugar and tomato paste.
- Cover with lid and puree until smooth.
- With blender or food processor running add a slow stream of water until you reach the desired thickness of your perfered taco sauce.
- You may wish to use less or add more water than 1 cup.
- This keeps in the fridge for 1 month.