Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
For those that like a hotter taco sauce, or those who open a can for 1 T. sauce-what do you do with the rest? I use this sauce from tacos and fajitas to a marinade for brisket, and a mop for steaks and burgers.
- 1 (11 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- In a blender or food processor add the chipotle peppers in adobo, vinegar, sugar and tomato paste.
- Cover with lid and puree until smooth.
- With blender or food processor running add a slow stream of water until you reach the desired thickness of your perfered taco sauce.
- You may wish to use less or add more water than 1 cup.
- This keeps in the fridge for 1 month.
I'm always looking for ways to use the rest of the can of chipotles. Quick and easy to make, I froze this in small plastic containers so that I can pull out what I need for Mexican meals. Rich, smoky flavor that puts commercial taco sauces to shame.
Quick, easy and absolutely delicious! Changed nothing at all. My new favorite for sandwiches, chicken, burgers, crackers, anything and everything. Thanks, Di, for posting this one. mmmmmm