1/1 Photo of Chipotle Taco Pie
Jessi Leigh's Note:
This is a quick, easy, and filling meal. The chipotle peppers give the pot pie a nice smoky flavor and added heat. (You can simply omit the chipotle if you don't like spicy foods.) Some people like to top it with regular taco toppings such as lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, etc. This always gets rave reviews and many requests for the recipe. I often use Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix instead of buying a package.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo, pureed
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 pie crusts, from refrigerated dairy section
- 1/4 cup salsa
- sour cream, to garnish
- taco sauce, to garnish
- avocados or guacamole, to garnish
- salsa, to garnish
- diced green chilis, to garnish
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain. Add taco seasoning mix, pureed chipotle pepper, and water; mix until ground beef is well coated.
- 3Meanwhile, heat oil in large saucepan over medium high heat until hot. Add peppers and onions; cook 4-5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and drain excess liquid. Add garlic and onion powders, salt, pepper, corn, and salsa, stir well and set aside.
- 4Prepare pie crusts as directed on package for 2-crust pie using 9-inch glass or metal pie pan.
- 5Combine corn mixture with ground beef; mix well.
- 6Sprinkle ½ cup of cheese evenly in bottom of crust-lined pan. Spread ½ of beef mixture evenly in pan over cheese; pat down. Sprinkle ¾ cup cheese in pan and spread evenly with remaining beef mixture, pat down, top with remaining ¾ cup cheese. Top with second crust and flute; slit in several places.
- 7Bake for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cover edge of crust with strips of foil or a pie crust shield after 15 minutes of baking. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Store in refrigerator.
- 8Serve a wedge of pie with a dollop of sour cream, guacamole, salsa, or a drizzle of taco sauce.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Taco Pie
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.1
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 36.8 mg
- Sodium 570.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo