Chipotle-Style Veggie Rice Bowl
- For Guacamole: Combine all of the ingredients into food processor and blend until smooth.
- For Rice: In a 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil or butter over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted. Add rice, bay leaf, cilantro, and lime juice, stir for 1 minute. Add water and salt, bring to a full rolling boil. At boiling, cover, turn down to simmer over low heat until rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 40-45 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork.
- For Pico Salsa: Add all ingredients to food processor and pulse until chopped and well-mixed.
- For Vegetables: Heat oil in oven-proof skillet, and preheat broiler. Saute onions and peppers with salt, pepper, and lemon/lime juice for 10 minutes, or until soft. Place skillet in the broiler for 3-5 minutes, or until vegetables begin to form blackened edges.
- Final Assembly: Put desired amount of rice in a bowl, add ingredients in order, then top each with 1/2 cup black beans, 2 tablespoons sour cream, and 1/4 cup cheese. Warm in the microwave for 1 minute.