1/4 Photos of "chipotle" Style Chicken Burrito Bowls
I love those chicken burrito bowls at the restaurant Chipotle, and this version is just as good - to me and my family anyway! The recipe appears to be long, but it consists of mostly toppings. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (11 ounce) can diced tomatoes with chiles and cilantro (if you can find it)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can sweet corn
- 3 -4 chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) box goya Mexican rice or 1 (8 ounce) box jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo seasoning (red top)
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 1 pinch pepper (optional)
- 1 (1 ounce) package guacamole seasoning mix
- 1 -2 avocado
- lettuce, shredded (optional)
- 1 -2 cup of shedded cheddar cheese or 1 -2 cup monterey jack cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1Cut up chicken and add cumin, taco seasoning salt + pepper, paprika, and Adobo, set to the side;.
- 2Cook rice according to the directions on the box.
- 3In a large saute or frying pan on med-high heat, estimate and add 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil;.
- 4Add chicken.
- 5While chicken is cooking, peel avacados and make guacamole according to package directions. Refrigerate.
- 6Open cans of black beans, corn, diced tomatoes with chiles and cilantro and put in small bowls. If you'd like, you can warm, the can of beans and corn (not together, or together). Don't warm the can of diced tomatoes, unless you like warm salsa/tomato mixture.
- 7Once chicken and rice is done, you can start plating. Letting everyone add the toppings of their choice is part of the fun of the meal!
- 9Suggestion for plating - put shredded lettuce in bowl or plate first - then add rice, then chicken, then toppings (guacamole, black beans, cheese, corn, diced tomato mixture, sour cream, or anything else you think would be good).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "chipotle" Style Chicken Burrito Bowls
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 692.5
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 129.1 mg
- Sodium 1024.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.0 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 41.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced tomatoes with chiles and cilantro
guacamole seasoning mix