Two of my favorite foods come together here to make a great stuffed steak. It is rockin'. This is attributed to Ken Paris of the Chile head mailing list.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute the onion in olive oil until translucent. Add the tomato, chiles, and thyme and saute a couple minutes more.
- 2Mix the cheese and bread crumbs with the sauted mixture.
- 3Lay the steak flat and place the stuffing in a line down the long axis of the steak.
- 4Roll the steak around the stuffing (it should look like a large sausage), and tie every two inches with butchers twine.
- 5Brown the rolled steak in a frying pan with olive oil for just a few minutes, then bake at 450 for 25 minutes.
- 6Scrape any residue from the baking dish into the frying pan and deglaze with white wine. (Add 1/2 C or so of white wine, scrape the pan, and boil down until slightly thick.).
- 7Slice the roll into two inch medallions and top with the strained wine sauce.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Stuffed Flank Steak
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.9
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 62.1 mg
- Sodium 235.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 28.7 g