Recipe by Lidya
I found this recipe on Sargentocheese.com. My family loved this recipe and can't wait for me to make it again. It's very easy prep, bake, and clean up. Hope you enjoy it as much as my family did.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 3⁄4 cups shredded sargento chefstyle chipotle cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (2 ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained or 1⁄4 cup chopped drained bottled roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons green onion tops
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a sharp, thin knife, cut a parallel slit in the side of each chicken breast, forming a pocket, taking care not to cut through top or bottom of chicken. (Or, ask your meat retailer to do this for you at time of purchase.)
- Combine 1 cup cheese, pimientos and cilantro; stuff into pockets of chicken. Place chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet. Combine chili powder, cumin and garlic salt; rub mixture over both sides of chicken. Coat chicken lightly with cooking spray or brush with canola oil.
- Bake in a preheated 400°F oven 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle remaining cheese over chicken. Continue baking 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese has melted.