1/2 Photos of Chipotle Steak Chili
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
From Better Homes & Gardens “New Cookbook”. You know, the big red (plaid cover) 5-ring binder one. I upped the chili powder here from 2 tablespoons to 4, but you may want to stick with 2. We like it chili-y! To make this slightly less healthy, which (evidently) is my eternal quest, make sure to add lots of cheddar cheese and sour cream. And avocado. And onion. And a big glass of milk. *murp* And maybe, on the side, a timely appointment in the cardiac department. No, seriously, it’s not that unhealthy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g beef shoulder top boneless blade steaks (I use top sirloin) or 680.38 g flat iron steaks (I use top sirloin)
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 473.18 ml chopped onions
- 236.59 ml chopped green sweet pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (850.48 g) can kidney beans (I mixed kidney and pintos) or 2 (850.48 g) can pinto beans (I mixed kidney and pintos) or 2 (850.48 g) can black beans, rinsed and drained (I mixed kidney and pintos)
- 4.92-9.85 ml chopped chipotle chile in adobo
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 118.29 ml water, drained (HA! Fooled ya! Don't drain. ,o)
- 59.16 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml dried basil, crushed
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- chopped onions (optional) or scallion (optional)
- avocado, slices (optional)
- 1Cut beef into ¾” cubes.
- 2In a 4-quart Dutch oven, brown meat, half at a time, in 1 tablespoon hot cooking oil.
- 3Remove meat, reserving drippings in pan.
- 4Cook onion, sweet pepper and garlic in drippings until tender; drain fat.
- 5Return meat to Dutch oven. Stir in chipotle chili peppers in adobo sauce.
- 6Stir in beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, basil and black pepper.
- 7Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- 8Simmer, covered, about 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Steak Chili
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.5
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 56.1 mg
- Sodium 814.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 23.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo