Recipe by Barb R
A bold and smoky chipotle rice that goes great with barbecue, Spanish or Mexican food. You can use only one chipotle if you don't like your rice as spicy as we do.
Top Review by Salsa Champ
I followed this recipe to a tee and I have a pan full of mushy rice! I thought it sounded like too much liquid and I should have followed my instincts. I'll never make this again. I would love to hear from others who had this same experience.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canmuir glen diced fire-roasted tomatoes (include the juice)
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, finely minced (include 2 teaspoons adobo sauce)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil on medium heat in a saucepan and add chopped onion and minced garlic.
- Cook until tender and slightly golden.
- Add rice, stir fry for about one minute.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Allow to sit undisturbed for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve garnished with cilantro leaves if using.