Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sweet and spicy joes. From Farberware. Note: top with cheddar cheese.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 chipotle pepper en adobo sauce, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 soft sandwich buns or 6 hamburger buns
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6-7 minutes. Add the cumin, chili powder and chipotle; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Stir in the beef, breaking into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon and cook until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, ketchup, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce; cook, stirring occasionally, 4-5 minutes until slightly thickened and beef is cooked through. Spoon the mixture onto the rolls and serve.