Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Cooking Light. I changed up a bit to please us. Spicy and good.
Make and share this Chipotle Sloppy Joes recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook for 4 minutes until turning soft, stirring frequently.
- Remove 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from can and set aside.
- Remove 1 chipotle chile from can; chop and set aside. Reserve remaining chiles and adobo sauce for another use.
- Add hamburger to pan with onions. Cook until brown, stirring to crumble. Drain grease from pan.
- Add garlic and continue to cook another 2 minutes.
- Add reserved adobe sauce, reserved chile, tomato paste, salt, cumin and tomato sauce, stirring to mix. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on buns.
I received some chipotle peppers in a swap and this was my first time using them, they give a lovely subtle heat. I made this in the crock pot and also added some mushies, green pepper and some beans so mine was more like chilli con carne..served with some sour cream & cheese and buns, this was a lovely winter warming dish!
Great recipe! Just the right amount of spice. DH loved it. I did not have any tomato paste so I used ketchup instead. Thank you for posting. I have a feeling this will be in our regular rotation!