Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
An old favorite with a tasty difference.
Make and share this Chipotle Sloppy Joes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chipotle hot sauce, Tabasco makes a good one
- Cook ground beef, onion, and bell pepper in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat, until meat is brown and vegetables are tender.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Stir in tomato sauce, brown sugar, salt, and Chipotle Sauce.
- Cover and simmer 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
This is a good sloppy joes. I would have like it more spicy. Next time I'll use more chipotle tabasco. Thanks Pa. Hiker :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game