Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
This has a nice smokey flavor. We usually have coleslaw with it and serve it on the bun with the meat. They taste wonderful together.
Top Review by anni
This is quite good, but found I needed to double the tomato sauce to make it moist enough. I also used the entire can of beans, increased the chipotles and omitted the cilantro. I will make this again, but probably use for tacos or nachos instead of a sandwich.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup canned black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced chipotle chile in adobo
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef with onion in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef up into 3/4-inch crumbles. Drain well.
- Stir in ketchup, corn, beans, tomato sauce, chipotle peppers and cumin; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in cilantro, salt and black pepper.
- Serve on toasted buns.