Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This has a nice smokey flavor. We usually have coleslaw with it and serve it on the bun with the meat. They taste wonderful together.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup canned black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced chipotle chile in adobo
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- Brown ground beef with onion in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef up into 3/4-inch crumbles. Drain well.
- Stir in ketchup, corn, beans, tomato sauce, chipotle peppers and cumin; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in cilantro, salt and black pepper.
- Serve on toasted buns.
This is quite good, but found I needed to double the tomato sauce to make it moist enough. I also used the entire can of beans, increased the chipotles and omitted the cilantro. I will make this again, but probably use for tacos or nachos instead of a sandwich.