Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
This could easily become a new summertime favorite.
Chipotle Skirt Steak
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skirt steaks
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons diced chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 8 cups baby lettuce, washed and dried
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup crumbled manchego cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup corn tortilla strips (or crumbled tortilla chips)
- 1 cup citrus vinaigrette or 1 cup other vinaigrette dressing
- In a zip top bag, combine olive oil, chipotle, cumin and steak seasoning. Place steak in bag. Shake to coat steak. Marinate steak for 30 minutes in refrigerator. Remove from refrigerator and allow steak to come to room temperature.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Place steak on grill and cook 4-6 minutes on first side, turning once to make grill cross hatches. Cook 4 minutes on second side, until cooked to medium doneness. Remove from grill and wrap in foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Place lettuce, cilantro, black beans, cherry tomatoes, avocadoes, red onion, oranges and shredded cheese in serving platter. Toss with salad dressing. Place steak on cutting board and cut in half lengthwise. Slice steak across the grain. Return meat to foil wrap to toss with juices. Place steak on top of lettuce mixture and garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately.