1/1 Photo of Chipotle Shrimp Tostadas
Fast, Healthy, & Staff Favorite! To create this Southwestern-inspired dish Melissa Rubel, from F&W Magazine, tosses shrimp wth chipotle chile powder (made from dried, smoked jalapenos) grills them, then layers them on top of crunchy fried corn tortillas and crisp citrusy slaw.Recipe by Melissa Rubel, from Pairing of the Day: September 2008, How to Cook with Spices.Serve with a Berry-scented Rose:2007 S.C. Pannell Grenache Rose.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, plus more for frying
- 4 corn tortillas
- kosher salt
- 24 large shelled and deveined shrimp (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder (made from dried, smoked jalapenos)
- 4 cups shredded cabbage or 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Hass avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 medium radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaf
- lime wedge, for serving
- 1In a medium, deep skillet, heat 1/4 inch of vegetable oil until hot.
- 2Fry one tortilla at a time over moderately high heat until lightly golden on both sides, about 2 minutes.
- 3Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt(while they are still hot!)
- 4Preheat a grill pan.
- 5In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with the 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil and the chipotle chile powder; season the shrimp with salt.
- 6Grill the shrimp over moderately high heat, turning once, until they are browned in spots and cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- 7In a medium bowl, toss the cabbage with the tomato, scallions, sour cream and lime juice and season with salt.
- 8Set the tortillas on plates and top with the cabbage slaw, chipotle shrimp, avocado, radishes and cilantro.
- 9Serve with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Shrimp Tostadas
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.5
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 363.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 11.0 g