Spicy char-grilled shrimp nestled in corn tortillas with a green tomatillo & avocado salsa. From food t.v.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 jalapeno, quartered, seeds (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 4 medium tomatillos (about 8 ounces)
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 6.16 ml kosher salt
- 59.14 ml loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1Put the onion, jalapeno, and garlic in a food processor and finely chop.
- 2Add the tomatillos, avocado, and salt and pulse until chopped but still chunky.
- 3Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cilantro.
- 4Heat a stove top or outdoor grill to medium-high.
- 5Mix the olive oil, chipotle or chili powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- 6Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
- 7Grill the shrimp until translucent, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side.
- 8Grill tortillas, until slightly charred and pliable, about 20 seconds per side. (Alternatively, wrap in a damp paper towel and heat in a microwave.).
- 9Spoon sauce on the tortilla, then top with about 2 or 3 shrimp and a sprig of cilantro.
- 10Serve 2 tacos per person, with a lime wedge on the side.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Shrimp Tacos With Avocado Salsa Verde
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.7
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 1183.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 27.2 g