Recipe by gailanng
For easy, but flavorful stove-top shrimp tacos.
Top Review by Lynn in MA
Instead of chipotle powder, I sauté the shrimp in adobo sauce and a couple of minced chipotle chilies from the can. I also sprinkle with crispy bacon bits. Add a splash of fresh lime juice at the end. Fabulous!
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons mild chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 32 each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 (6 inch) white corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 Hass avocadoes, peeled and cut into 16 slices
- 3⁄4 cup salsa verde
- lime wedge (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; add shrimp, tossing to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp mixture to pan; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from heat.
- Heat tortillas in microwave according to package directions. Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates; arrange 4 shrimp on each tortilla. Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup lettuce, 2 avocado slices and 1 1/2 tablespoons salsa verde. Serve with wedges of lime, if desired.