1/1 Photo of Chipotle Shrimp or Scallop Scampi With Fettuccine
This is a restaurant-quality dish that takes little time to prepare and can be made using either shrimps or scallops or 1 pound of both! You can use spaghetti in place of the fettuccine if desired. You can also increase the amount of shrimp or scallops. Serve this with garlic bread, Kittencal's Parmesan Garlic Bread or Garlic Toast or #152138...sooooooo good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs medium uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined (or use scallops)
- 1 -2 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (or to taste)
- black pepper, lots
- 1 lb fettuccine, cooked
- parmesan cheese
- 1Saute the chopped chipotle peppers, shallots (if using) and garlic in oil for about 2 minutes.
- 2Add in uncooked shrimp; cook stirring constantly for about 3 minutes or until the shrimp is pink; remove the mixture to a bowl, cover to keep warm and set aside.
- 3To the skillet add in the wine, Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce; cook for 4 minutes over medium-high heat.
- 4Return the shrimp mixture back to the skillet, then add in butter and lemon juice; cook for about 2 minutes or until heated through and combined.
- 5Season with salt and black pepper.
- 6Place the cooked fettuccine in a large serving platter or dish; Place the shrimp mixture on top of the pasta; toss to combine.
- 7Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Shrimp or Scallop Scampi With Fettuccine
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1334.5
- Calories from Fat 507
- Total Fat 56.3 g
- Saturated Fat 24.1 g
- Cholesterol 669.8 mg
- Sodium 813.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 84.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo