1/3 Photos of Chipotle Shrimp and Corn Chowder
This is one of the best soups I have ever tasted! It is a perfect blend of smoky and spicy. I always quadruple the recipe to feed a crowd. I got this from Cuisine at Home and it has become a favorite with my family and friends. Do yourself a favor and try this recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices thick sliced bacon, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup sherry wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups red potatoes, diced
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 -2 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo, minced (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
- 1/2 lb medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1Saute bacon in a large pot over medium heat until crisp.
- 2Add onions,celery and garlic and saute 3-4 minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- 3Stir in flour and cook one minute.
- 4Deglaze with sherry, stirring to scrape up bits from the bottom of the pot.
- 5Stir in broth, corn, potatoes, milk, chipotles, and thyme. Bring to a simmer and cook 15 minutes.
- 6Add shrimp and cream to soup.
- 7Add salt to taste.
- 8Simmer 5 minutes to cook shrimp.
- 10* This is very spicy. Start with 1/2 -1 Tbsp and work your way up according to taste.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Shrimp and Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (525 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.1
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 118.4 mg
- Sodium 760.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo