Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I received this recipe in my email. I do not like cooking with so much butter - I think it can easily be reduced.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Bring rice and water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 20 minutes, or until rice is tender and water is absorbed. (Or cook as package directs).
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the garlic, and cook about 30 seconds before adding wine, Worcestershire sauce, chipotle, and salt.
- Mix in the shrimp, and cook 5 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Serve over the cooked rice.
This was a fabulous shrimp dish!! I always remove the seeds from the chipotle peppers, otherwsie my 8 year old would not be able to eat. Even so, this dish retained great spiciness with the garlic. I used white wine instead of red. And I used all the butter - 1/4 c. split into 5 generous servings is fine with me! This is an excellent recipe and I will certainly serve it again! Yum!