Recipe by Vicki in AZ
This is,imho, the nearly perfect recipe. It is easy, delicious and beautiful to look at. It came from Bon Appetit RSVP section and was from a restaurant in British Columbia called Tapa Bar.
Top Review by Sweet**Fuzion
These were so good! We had them tonight and they came together very easily and were consumed very quickly! After I removed the shrimp to a platter I added a thinly sliced white onion ,extra Tbl of butter,and an extra splash of white wine to the pan. We layered the chipotle shrimp with sauted onion in flour and corn tortillas and topped them with diced avocado and a squeeze of lime. Thanks for sharing it with us Vicki!
- 4 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs peeled deveined raw shrimp
- 2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a skilled over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and cipotles and saute 2 minutes.
- Add wine and parsely, cook until shrimp are just opague in center (about two minutes). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon of chilled butter and stir until melted.
- Serve with lemon wedges.