Recipe by ChipotleChick
Considering my 'Zaar name, I guess I should have some Chipotle stuff posted! So here's one, from Rick Bayless 'Authentic Mexican.'
- 3 tomatillos, husked and washed
- 2 cloves unpeeled garlic
- 3 canned chipotle chiles, seeded
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a square of foil on a griddle or skillet over medium on the stove.
- Set tomatillos on it and turn regularly for about 10 mintes until softened with black spots.
- Toast the garlic at the same time with the tomatillos on a spot not covered with the foil, turning frequently as well for about 15 minutes.
- When garlic is done,slip off its skin and chop.
- Place all ingredients except water and salt in a blender or processor.
- Puree and place in a bowl.
- Add salt and stir in water.
- If desired, at this point you can add a teaspoon or two of the sauce from the canned chipotles to it.