Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great on vegetarian black bean and corn tacos!!! I was making a recipe calling for salsa only to find NONE in the house. That being said, I combined a few different salsa recipes based upon what was in my pantry and came up with this. It totally fit the bill for us!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, from the can (may add 2 if you like it more spicy)
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce (from the canned peppers)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onions (I used shallots)
- Throw all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and turn on for about 30 seconds until you reach your desired thickness.