Recipe by Barb R
Probably the best chipotle salsa we've ever tasted, and trust me, we've tasted a lot of em!!! Adapted from The Border Cookbook by Cheryl Alters Jamison and Bill Jamison.
Top Review by kkg_sherry
This is such a great recipe! I was looking for a salsa recipe to make for the Super Bowl and stumbled on this one. It's super easy and quick. I doubled the recipe with the intentions of taking it all to the party, but ended up storing half to keep at my house! You have to try this!!!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (Muir Glen fire roasted preferred)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chunked (or diced, see below)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 -3 canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, puree the tomatoes with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Technique Tip: For a chunkier salsa, leave one half of the canned tomatoes diced and add it with the onion - chopped rather than chunked - in at the end.