1/2 Photos of Chipotle Salsa (For Canning)
1 hr 30 mins
From my friend Shirley - it is our absolute favorite salsa recipe to can. It has a wonderful smoky flavor from the chipotle peppers. I would consider it to be mild. Heat could be adjusted by adding more hot peppers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blanch the tomatoes, remove the skin, and then chop. Measure 8 cups.
- 2Mix all ingredients except the cilantro in a large pot and simmer until desired thickness is reached, approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Ad the cilantro just before you are ready to pour into jars.
- 3Fill into hot, sterilized pint jars and top with hot, sterilized canning lids. W do not process in a canner and have never had a problem, but you may process in a hot-water-bath canner at this point for 20 minutes if you are concerned about food safety.
- 4If you buy a half-bushel of tomatoes and adjust the rest of the ingredients accordingly you get about 6 batches and 36 pints.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Salsa (For Canning)
Serving Size: 1 (515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.7
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1786.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 24.8 g
- Protein 7.4 g